Visa Regulations for Visa on arrival Generally new visitors arrive at an international airport in Surabaya, Jakarta, Denpasar or any of a handful of other Indonesian destinations. You will be able to purchase a visa on arrival at the airport. This is the basic 30 day visa required for entry into Indonesia. Please note that TEFL Indonesia can only offer tips and advice. We can not sponsor or intercede on your behalf. Pay-for-visa-on-arrival (VOA) is open for citizens from these nations: Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, People’s Republic of China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Timor Leste, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America. You can renew the visa without leaving the country, but will need to leave after 60 days. Please follow the link for detailed information: http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html To extend your Visa on Arrival requires a visit to the immigration office (2-4 visits are required). The extension application requires:
- 2 forms (“Formulir untuk perpanjangan pertama visa Sosbud” and “Formulir Perubahan Data Orang Asing”) and a folder. Forms and folder should be free.
- a Rp 6,000 meterai tax stamp (you can purchase from the post office), or you can use two Rp 3,000 stamps
- a sponsor’s letter “Surat Permintaan dan Jaminan” saying that they’ll cover your expenses while you are in Indonesia (typed – but no translation is required)
- Copy of the sponsor’s KTP (identity) card
- Photocopies of your outbound air ticket
- your departure card (that you received on arrival)
- original and photocopy of passport front/signature page, and original visa page, and the pages of any subsequent extensions
- black pen
- Rp 250,000 to cover the official cost of the extension. This is paid for each extension. During the extension where you pay for the digital fingerprints and photo, the cost is Rp 265,000 (that time only).